Thursday, February 21, 2013

12 WEEKS



How far along? 12 Weeks
Total weight gain? I have an appointment on Monday the 25th where they will most definitely weigh me. I am betting I have gained more than I probably should. Oopsie. :-)
Maternity Clothes? Still rocking the loose blouses and tanks. Trying to hold out on purchasing actual maternity clothes. 
Stretch Marks? Nada
Sleep: Still having the sharp pains waking me up at night, except starting Thursday. I actually had semi-sound sleep Thursday, excluding one middle of the night potty break.
Best moment this week: Getting rid of the bloating! Whoop! And deciding on a baby room theme. <3
Miss Anything? Alcohol. Again, don't judge people.
Movement: No movements. We can't wait for them to start though!
Food cravings: Red Lobster cheesy biscuits. Oh yummy! Oh and mustard. I HATED mustard prior to pregnancy, and now I am craving it. It is mind-boggling to me how much pregnancy changes things, especially taste-buds. If men thought women were confusing before, pregnancy is a whole'nother curve-ball.
Anything making you queasy or sick: No queasiness this week. Yea buddy!!
Gender Prediction: Baby Girl.
Labor Signs: Too soon
Symptoms: I haven't had any actual "symptoms" this week. Other than the typical face not figuring out if it wants to be oily or not problem, and random cravings. BUT, I had a breakthrough on my face dilemma. I had a small amount of Mac mineral powder left over and mineralized water moisturizer, and thought screw it, I will try it. My face actually took to the make-up and stuck! I went to dinner feeling pretty for the first time in a few weeks and not like my face was going to melt off. It was even extremely humid at dinner and we ate outside. When we got back to our hotel room, make-up was still flawless. Bingo baby! Oh and my bloating dilemma...I finally called the doctor after standing up doing the dishes and feeling as if someone took a knife, stabbed me in my back at a downward angle and was slowing twisting the knife for a good 5 minutes. It was a paralyzing pain that sent me into tears. Turns out my tummy medicine for my gastroparesis that I had stopped taking is ok to take during pregnancy AND something they prescribe for bloating/gastric reflux. I had overly stuffed myself at Red Lobster, came home, took my tummy medicine and was almost immediately better. I had a whole nights sleep without sharp pains and no bloating or queasiness since. LOVE!
Belly Button in or out? Innie
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy Happy!! 
Looking forward to: Getting an actual baby bump, decorating the nursery, finding out the gender (6 more weeks!!!), and feeling Baby J move!
Baby Names? Still have to be Henry the 3rd for a boy. Then baby girl is getting more variety: Claire, Adaleine, Annabelle, Adalena <3
Thoughts: I figured I would add this for adding random thoughts that occur during the week. Now I am opening myself to honesty here, so please be mindful of any replies. I am slightly annoyed at all the people "raining" on my gender team parade. I love when people say whether they are "Team Boy" or "Team Girl"! It's exciting to see people get excited over such a special time in our lives with us. What annoys me is when people kind of make snippy remarks or just say, "How about just a healthy baby?" "All I care about is if they are healthy." As if by saying Team boy or girl means we don't want a healthy baby.  Really?? I have never heard anyone say, "I hope it's a boy with down syndrome." OF COURSE I WANT A HEALTHY BABY! That is a given. So when I, or anyone else for that matter, states what team they are on, don't throw the healthy baby remark out there. Everyone wants to have a healthy baby. Let us enjoy Team Blue or Pink gosh darnit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and knowing you stopped by - even if it's anonymous ;-P - so leave me some love! XoXo