Tuesday, August 6, 2013

32 Weeks


What do Coraline and a Jack in the Box have in common?
How far along? 32 Weeks 

Total weight gain? Up 30 lbs, will have another check up Week 34. Really trying to maintain a total weight gain no more than 30 lbs, but seeing how I am at 30 lbs already and Coraline still has big growth spurts ahead...my dream seems to be squashed. :-[

Maternity Clothes? ASOS is my top #1 choice! The tops/tunics run true to your pre-pregnancy size. (Given you didn't let yourself go and blow up like a balloon - boob growth is accommodated for). I found that the pants are true to your current pregnant size. So if you measure your hips properly, use their size chart to order the proper pregnancy size. Yes this means you may order a 10/12/14. Grieve for a bit, then get over it. My next choices are The Gap/Old Navy. I have really only ordered tank tops from there and again, true to pre-pregnancy size. However, for 3rd trimester I recommend going up one size, the belly region can get tight. :-)

Stretch Marks?  The red marks are still on my butt! Good news, the red marks on my boob have vanished! Gone! Not even a slight sign that they were once even there. WHOOP!

Sleep:  Sleeping well again. :-]

Best moment this week: Nursery details have been added. You can see details of our Glam Nautical Nursery: HERE. 

Miss Anything? Alcohol. It is hot and I want to enjoy the fun fruity alcoholic beverages everyone else is getting to enjoy. Jealous. 

Movement: She LOVES to move!! What's new? ha!

Food cravings: Watermelon. Henry picks the best ones too. Each time before he leaves town I make sure he picks a watermelon first so I can snack on it while he is gone. :-)

Anything making you queasy or sick: Textures are still making me sick. 

Gender RESULTS: BABY GIRL!!! My gut feeling was right all along! I absolutely can't wait to meet her!

Labor Signs: More contractions this week! Happened at work while sitting at the desk - probably because I was stressed. I am on a roll. 

Symptoms: 
Braxton Hicks! Yay.
Learned I am allergic to cocoa butter.
Hips hurt. Especially my right hip.
If I don't take my prenatal vitamin at night, my legs get extremely antsy! It feels like I need to go running they get so antsy. However, if I take my pre-natal within 30 minutes they chill out. I read that it has to do with the iron. Either way, it works.
Movements have changed from individual movements to feeling simultaneous movements in two different spots. Like I will feel something toward my right side up by my ribs, and at the same time another movement on the left side of my belly button. It's the weirdest, yet most wonderful feeling in the world.
Disappearing belly button, baby bump, nails and hair growing like weeds, baby movements (the best!) and my boobs have drastically increased.
Frequent bathroom visits
Occasional swelling of my feet and hands. Especially my right foot. 

Belly Button in or out? My belly button is officially FLAT. No innie, no outtie. 

Wedding rings on or off? Both rings have moved to my pinkie fingers. I had a scare with my Aggie ring and just decided to keep them both there. Juuuust in case. 

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, Happy!

Looking forward to: Finishing out the nursery and getting back into our house from the tornado!

Baby Name? Coraline! I love the name!! See WEEK 21 for name details. <3

Thoughts: First thought - gosh we look a shaggy mess in this weeks photo!!
Second - We are learning so much in our Birth Boot Camp class. I can't express to you how wonderful this class has been. We intend on doing a natural birth. I had wanted to do the Bradley method, however in a small town that was close to impossible without driving an hour to get to a class. When I found this class right down the street from us, designed by a lady who taught the Bradley Method for over 20 years I was ecstatic! I have been against epidurals since I was in high school. I have always had a pretty high pain tolerance, such as opting to have my teeth drilled without medication. Plus I have woken up in the middle of a few procedures, so not only do I have a high pain tolerance, my body has a high tolerance I guess to anesthesia. I would assume that given my history, an epidural wouldn't really work to the extent on my body that it does for most others. Each person has their own reasoning for either choosing an epidural or choosing natural and I don't knock those choose the epidural. This is just my personal preference. I want to be able to labor in my position of choice, walk around, use the restroom and better engage with my baby post-delivery. However, I know I can't beat myself up if for some unforeseeable reason I do end up getting an epidural. My birth plan though clearly states no epidural and to not offer drugs to me, I know they are there if I choose. :-]

About the Board:
Inspiration was from a dream. You hear of those crazy prego dreams? Well this one was pretty odd. I dreamt my stomach was a Jack in the Box. I would crank the Jack in the Box and the music would play until my belly would pop open. It would pop open like the vintage post office box drawers on the street. When it opened I could see Coraline in my tummy, head down, facing my spine. She was wearing this super cute footy onesie I had recently purchased. When she saw that I was looking down at her she looked up at me from between her legs and reached her hands up for me to pick her up. I almost went to pick her up until I realized she wasn't ready to come out yet and slammed the drawer shut!!! HA! Pretty odd, huh? 

Pregnancy/Maternity Fashion: 
Top and leggings are from Motherhood Maternity. I love this top, however I feel like it is the least flattering in photos now that I am getting bigger. It doesn't accommodate upper boob expansion very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and knowing you stopped by - even if it's anonymous ;-P - so leave me some love! XoXo