Monday, July 30, 2012

To Eat Or Not To Eat....Chik-fil-a???

I'll start off right now by saying, I will eat Chik-Fil-A and any other place I dang well please regardless of their views on anything or what they choose to support. Unless it is absolutely absurd, like killing puppies. Let's not take it to the extreme though, otherwise we could go on forever.

All these "Boycott Chik-Fil-A" groups are ridiculous and honestly a waste of everyone's time. Don't we have more important things in this world to worry about? Like world hunger? AIDS? Curing Cancer? Curing Diabetes? Child Abuse? Illegal Immigration? I mean, those are a just a few, but no you have all these people with their panties in a twist because someone utilized their Freedom of Speech to voice their Freedom of Religion - and that someone just happens to own Chik-Fil-A Whoop-D-freakin-doo!!! If they choose to use his hard earned money to support those beliefs, so what? There are people supporting and funding things of all different angles on a wide variety of topics. If you start nit-picking each person for not supporting this and not supporting that, you lose the freedoms of this country. End of story. This country has so much to be thankful for, but instead everyone is suing everyone and getting their feelings hurt over the dumbest things, and in turn make everyone feel they have to walk on glass with each word they say. This country needs thicker skin and to put on their big-girl panties.

I found this quote along my pointless tracking of all this Chik-Fil-A hoorah: 

"Will you boycott gas because the OPEC nations put homosexuals to death? I doubt it. You're only boycotting Chick-Fil-A because it is convenient. If you truly want to make a stand, boycott big oil. Boycott the military. Picket at churches and synagogues and mosques. If you're not willing to do those things, shut up and get back to your lives."- Bruce P.

It is very true! If you are going to boycott Chik-Fil-A because of their religious views, and if cities such as Chicago and Boston are going to ban or prevent Chik-Fil-A's from opening, then are they going to ban every Church, Mosque and Synagogue from every opening too? Where do you draw the line? 

 If Freedom of Religion and Freedom of Speech were what this country was founded on and if you are going to "boycott" his company because of his religious views, then aren't you yourself discriminating??? It is such a hypocritical position. Why can't people in this country agree to disagree? Just because you don't share the same views, does not make either party a bad person. It is what makes this country so great, the DIVERSITY.

But while we are on the subject, I do not believe same sex couples were meant to be. I do not oppose them being together, but I am not going to go out of my way to support or not support them being together either. Look at it simply, regardless of religion. Darwinism and natural selection: relating to species and it's members who were the most successful at survival skills and ability to reproduce. Those that could not find food, avoid enemies, or reproduce died off.
Get where I am going with this? The physical anatomy of men and women were meant to compliment each other. There is a reason two men cannot reproduce without the help of science. There is a reason two women cannot reproduce without the help of science. It was physically not how we were built to live. They would not "survive" or be considered "fit". If that isn't evidence enough that it is against nature and all this natural, then I don't know what is. 

I am fully aware that this post will probably result in some poor comments/emails - but like I said people, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I fully welcome any opposing views, but keep it classy. :-]

Alana XoXo


3 comments:

  1. killing puppies, lololol. That would cause for boycotting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL As I was typing this, killing puppies was literally the first thing that came to my mind that I thought would make me the most angry. What can I say, I love dogs! LOL

      Delete
  2. I am disguasted by the attack upon Free Speech. Like I said previously, I buy cakes from a bakery in Houston that's run by two gay guys, but I'm not screaming and acting hysterical over their homosexual relationhip and goals. I think their cakes are great. They have a business they love, they are good at it and they stand up for what they believe in. I eat at Chick-fil-A because they are delicious and I can appreciate the owners standing up for their respective beliefs. I do find it eternally entertaining that liberals are more discriminating than they'd pretend to be. Narrow minds always want the other person to shut up. Too bad Chick-Fil-A is ran by outspoken people who have every right to their own opinions.

    Lana

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and knowing you stopped by - even if it's anonymous ;-P - so leave me some love! XoXo