Thursday, July 12, 2012

Wedding Inspired Wednesday {No. 16}: Wood Decor

        Browsing Pinterest and Etsy I have found some wonderful wooden accents to use for wedding decor. I have especially been looking for ways to incorporate it into the way we display our food items. My parents have access to plenty of trees on their property in Livingston, and my fiance's brother, Will, clears land for a living. I figured I would try to find things that would put them to work and add their own touches to the wedding. Below are what I found so far.

Now not only could you use this as a dessert display, but cheese and fruit, hors d'oeuvres, etc. Source:
I am dying for a cake stand such as this one. However, the lone stand with the round slab makes me nervous. I would rather opt for one sound, thick slab of wood - then carve our signature onto it that we have used throughout our stationary. Source: Etsy
Another way to display your food - I would love a few of those wooden square slabs to display our pre-made cocktails in mason jars. Source: Etsy
I think this is a great rustic way to display bar options!! Source: Style Me Pretty
I love this food display! It is so simple, but makes a statement. This wedding was fabulous and you should definitely check out all of their awesome ideas using the source link :-) Source: Green Wedding Shoes

1 comment:

  1. I love all of these ideas! I agree about the cake stand needing to be wider design for stability and like your idea of carving the initials in the block. I love all of the serving ideas. We have PLENTY of wood dials cut from the White Oak tree on our land for you to do these things!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and knowing you stopped by - even if it's anonymous ;-P - so leave me some love! XoXo