Thursday, May 2, 2013

Stubborn Baby!

Coraline is being one stubborn pain in my side. Literally. 
We had contemplated for a while waiting to pick a name - torn mostly between Claire and Coraline. Claire meant, "Clear, bright" and Coraline meant, "Precious growth of the sea: Coral". When browsing www.sheknows.com and their baby name meanings we stumbled upon these Expression and SoulUrge meanings. Claire's was, "SoulUrge Number: 6
People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Expression Number: 3
People with this name tend to be creative and excellent at expressing themselves. They are drawn to the arts, and often enjoy life immensely. They are often the center of attention, and enjoy careers that put them in the limelight. They tend to become involved in many different activities, and are sometimes reckless with both their energies and with money."
 Coraline's said, "SoulUrge Number: 3
People with this name have a deep inner desire to create and express themselves, often in public speaking, acting, writing or singing. They also yearn to have beauty around them in their home and work environment.
Expression Number: 5
People with this name are excited by change, adventure, and excitement. They are dynamic, visionary and versatile, able to make constructive use of freedom. They fight being restricted by rules and conventions. They tend to be optimistic, energetic, intelligent, and to make friends easily. They may be changeable, restless, untidy, and rebellious."

So we agreed, we will wait until she is born and see if she looks like she is meant to be in "in the spotlight" or an "adventurous trouble-maker".

Well, Henry ended up picking the name Coraline a week later. There were so many reasons we fell in love with this name! Hearing Henry talk to her and calling her Cora-Lou just makes my heart melt. I mean seriously, here we are, two southern people with a soon-to-be baby girl named Coraline (Cora-Lou) Faye Johnson. You can't get much more southern than that! Henry's deep southern accent just makes it sound even better! I am talking Josh Turner-deep-voice. Yea Buddy! 


Ever since we started calling her Cora-Lou - she has been a stubborn pain in my side! All day long she chills, doesn't really move at all. At night when I lay down it's tap dances all around! "Oh you want to go to sleep? Well I slept rocking along in my cocoon all day as you worked your butt off, now I want to play! On. Your. Bladder. TEE HEE" 
Then there is, "Oh, I am two weeks ahead of the growth schedule? I am a big baby? I want to be transverse. Let me press right up against this artery and make you throw up and black out. Now let me switch my head to the other side and make it feel like I am trying to bust through you abdominal muscles." *Giggle, Giggle*
The ER doctor (yes emergency room) even moved her into the correct position and about 2 minutes later, "Just kidding! I am going back to being transverse." LOL The ER doctor wasn't fully trained except during his brief rotation with the OB/GYN on rotating the fetus, so now I have to wait until Monday when I see my OB/GYN to have her re-positioned, hopefully in a way that is more permanent than a few minutes. Dear God please let it be more than a few minutes!!!

I love this Little Lady more than anything, and understand the pain comes with the territory. I am just hoping she is getting most of this out of her system while she is baking to perfection, then will be a sweet little angel until she is 12. :-D

A girl can dream right?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and knowing you stopped by - even if it's anonymous ;-P - so leave me some love! XoXo