Wednesday, May 22, 2013

22 Weeks


No photo this week - see Symptoms and Thoughts below.

How far along? 22 Weeks

Total weight gain? I have officially gained 10 lbs on the nose as of my last appointment. Our baby is two weeks bigger, but just because she is a big baby, not because they are going to change the due date. Yay! 

Maternity Clothes? Ok I have ordered a few maternity things from ASOS in the UK, however they are so cute and the way they are designed can be worn post maternity too. FINALLY somewhere that has cute maternity clothes for women in their 20s!! I have now bought about 5 dresses and a few shirts.

Stretch Marks?  As of week 21! I think I am getting one tiny one on my boob. TMI? I explained how my mom had red marks, but she said they went away. I freaked out and showed Henry, he says he can't see anything. Even after I kept pointing he said I was making a bigger deal than it really was.

Sleep:  She has started to settle down at night, especially since my amazing pillow has arrived! I can officially sleep on my left side, supported on all sides by a cloud. I highly recommend getting a body pillow. This thing helps prevent me from rolling all the way on my back, which is how I like to sleep, but gives me support to lean back against. I love it. Henry even "cuddles" up against it with me. haha

Best moment this week: This week sucked in all honesty. Miserable. Week.

Miss Anything? Sushi, raw tuna, raw salmon. I would kill for some RAW sushi! I am tired of this cooked crap. And then of course, Rum.

Movement: Lots and Lots and Lots of movements. She moves all the time!

Food cravings: Fruit (watermelon), Sushi and Thai food

Anything making you queasy or sick: Textures are still making me sick. I have not dared try orange juice anymore since I threw up that last time, again. 

Gender RESULTS: BABY GIRL!!! My gut feeling was right all along!

Labor Signs: Too soon

Symptoms: Decreasing belly button, baby bump, nails and hair growing like weeds, baby movements (the best!) and my boobs have drastically increased, which has lead to the dreaded red-mark, and frequent bathroom visits. Remember when she was transverse last week and led to throwing up and blacking out? Weeellll, this week was worse. I went to get out of my truck and nearly collapsed! The pain on my left side was so severe I could barely walk or even breath. I called my doctor and she was in emergency surgery. The nurses advised I be safe than sorry and get to the nearest ER to make sure she wasn't under any stress or have the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck. Of course Henry was out of town so I called him now crying because I didn't want to be over-dramatic and go to the ER, but then I didn't want to be stubborn and NOT go to the ER and something be really wrong. The post HERE:Stubborn Baby gives the full story. 

Belly Button in or out? Innie - barely.

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: I was just sick and miserable all week.

Looking forward to: Finishing out the nursery!

Baby Names? Well boy names are scratched. haha  Henry had been thinking a lot about it and decided Coraline would be best because he wants to call her "Cora-Lou" which I LOVE! I was so overwhelmed with the cuteness of the name I began tearing up at dinner when he told me. Henry looked at me all shocked because here I was grinning ear-to-ear and tearing up. He laughed and said, "OMG your eyes are tearing up!! It's just a name." Then I started laughing, "Its the pregnancy hormones! Don't judge!". We sat there laughing for quite a bit at my ridiculousness. Ugh! I love this little girl and Henry so very much! Week 21 gives more details on the name. :-)

Thoughts: This week has been terrible. She keeps going sideways and causing severe pain. I know - labor will be worse, yea, yea, yea! But that is then, this is now. She literally feels like she is trying to rip through my abdominal walls. I roll on my back in my sleep and immediately wake up from the severe pain. Anything that causes me to use my abdominal muscles or lower left groin muscle makes me lose my breath it's so painful. Lovely. This is why there is no board or photos this week. I was so miserable plus I was sick this week, that there was no way I was getting in front of the camera. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and knowing you stopped by - even if it's anonymous ;-P - so leave me some love! XoXo